Marketing on Reddit

Use various subreddits to do your research, get feedback and market your product.

Subreddits to market your product

For you to start using Reddit, there are several subreddits you can use to get started.

Here's a good tweet from Miguel Sarenas covering a few subreddits to get started:

In addition to the list that Miguel has provided, here are some other subreddits you can use to get started:

  1. r/sideproject most supportive community.
  2. r/SaaS
  3. r/Entrepreneur
  4. r/smallbusiness
  5. r/startups
  6. r/ecommerce
  7. r/smallbusiness
  8. r/Futurology
  9. r/dataisbeautiful
  10. r/webdev
  11. r/InternetIsBeautiful
  12. r/artificial if you're into AI and ML.

You can check out Related Subreddits explorer to check related subs.

You can use this subreddit-analyzer to time your posts to get maximum traffic

You can dm me if you have more subreddits to add to this list.

How to write good reddit posts

  1. Study the top posts : Study the title and content of the several top performing posts from the previous week/month.
  2. Title : The title of your post is the most important part. It should be clear and concise. It should also be interesting enough to grab the attention of the readers.
  3. Content : The content of your post should be well structured and easy to read. Use bullet points, numbered lists, and headings to make it easy to read.
  4. Provide value : Provide value to the community. Share your knowledge, experience, and insights. Don't just ask for feedback or validation. Share something valuable with the community.
  5. Engage with the community : Engage with the community by replying to comments and asking for feedback. It helps you to get more traction by engaging and being active with the community.
  6. Be honest and transparent : Be transparent about your intentions. If you're looking for feedback, say so. If you're looking for validation, say so. If you're looking for customers, say so. Being honest and transparent helps in building trust with the community.
  7. Be respectful : Be respectful of the community and the rules of the subreddit. Don't spam or self-promote endlessly. Be respectful of the time and attention of the community members.
  8. 95% value, 5% self-promotion : Follow the 95/5 rule. 95% of your post content should provide value to the community. Add links to your website, product, or service in the remaining 5% of the post content. Don't make your post all about self-promotion. Value first and foremost.

For reference you can check out these top posts from John Rush on reddit on how he writes his articles and how much value he provides to the community he is a part of.

Automated reddit marketing

Recently came across a creative marketing use of automation to market on Reddit. Rodrigo Rocco ๐Ÿ‘จโ€๐Ÿ’ป๐Ÿ“ˆ๐Ÿ“— from JobBoardSearch ๐Ÿ”Ž shared a tweet on how he used a bot to post job related posts on Reddit.

Rodrigo Roco also posted on how he went about to creating the Reddit Bot for posting on his subreddit of JobBoardSearch